History of Hausmann-Johnson
Phil J. Hausmann founded Hausmann Insurance in 1946. He operated as a one-person agency until 1962 when Bill Butler joined Phil, and they began to expand the agency. They were later joined by Phil's sons: Jeff in 1972, Fritz in 1978, and Tim in 1980. Bill Butler's son Craig joined the firm in 1987. The three sons continued their father's legacy and grew the company through new sales as well as through acquisitions of smaller agencies in Madison.
In 1992 the agency added an Employee Benefits practice to compliment the expanding property & casualty operation. This new division grew rapidly and soon required the agency to relocate to its current home at 700 Regent St.
Probably the biggest event in the history of the agency to date was the 2002 merger of Hausmann Insurance and Norman E. Johnson, then owned by Steve Squires. Combining the talent of the two organizations created new opportunities to expand the scope and breadth of products and services offered. This strategic move increased the size of the agency by 35% and the name was changed to Hausmann-Johnson Insurance.
Today Hausmann-Johnson continues to be a leader in the design and implementation of risk management strategies for our clients. Committed to improving the client’s bottom line, we use the collective intelligence of our entire team to stay on the cutting edge of the insurance industry.